Please contact us at [email protected] if you want to buy this item !
- 'Three Women' vintage 1978 abstract surrealist oil painting by Nikolay Nikov - 'NICHE' from his series Bodies
- interpolating from his abstract sensual shapes of nude bodies morphing into fluid circular forms at the beginning of the 1970's towards the end of the decade Nikov reverts back to more stylized 'modern' realism
- here the nude bodies have come into focus with definitive Modigliani shapes and forms meticulously studied with detached objectivity expressed in choices of avocado and lime greens enveloped in icy cyans and blues
- following in the evolutionary steps in modern art giants such as Hans Arp, Joan Miro and Calder, Nikov explores the relations of object and shadow in his 'Bodies' series
- oil on board
- signed and dated
- dimensions: 28' x 24'
- Nikolay Nikov, called Nicheto by everybody, was born in Sofia, Bulgaria in 1924
- his versatile style developed from his beginnings at a French art school in Paris to his repatriation in Sofia; Bulgaria in the early 60's amidst the harsh years of socialism. Nikov's rise to prominence culminates with the highest honor of having one of his flower paintings made into a national post stamp in the mid 70's. Belated tendencies of the French and German Abstract Expressionism movements of the turn of the century could be found in his early works and later interpretations of styles ranging from Modernism to Soviet Non-Conformism are skillfully woven into an own original style.
- FREE SHIPPING within continental US