Please contact us at [email protected] if you want to buy this item !
- vintage 70's stylized impasto painting of 3 Riders Against Sunset by Bulgarian painter Nikolay Nikov - 'NICHE' (1972)
- the explosion of burnt orange tones of the sunset modulating in pastel yellows and chartreuse outlines the stylized silhouettes of three horseback riders
- superb impasto technique and palette is reminiscent of the one used by the old Dutch masters
- oil on board
- unsigned, yet featured in artist' retrospective catalogue
- float framed in stylish black
- dimensions: 27 3/4' x 22 1/4'
- Nikolay Nikov, called Nicheto by everybody, was born in Sofia, Bulgaria in 1924
- his versatile style developed from his beginnings at a French art school in Paris to his repatriation in Sofia; Bulgaria in the early 60's amidst the harsh years of socialism. Nikov's rise to prominence culminates with the highest honor of having one of his flower paintings made into a national post stamp in the mid 70's. Belated tendencies of the French and German Abstract Expressionism movements of the turn of the century could be found in his early works and later interpretations of styles ranging from Modernism to Soviet Non-Conformism are skillfully woven into an own original style.
- FREE SHIPPING within continental US