Please contact us at [email protected] if you want to buy this item !
- vintage 1974 post-impressionist oil painting 'Guardian Angel' by Nikolay Nikov - 'NICHE'
- visually close in style to Van Gogh's post-impressionist style paintings, Nikov's vivid orange, yellow and reds evoke the feeling of a gorgeous sunset on the beach
- oil on canvas
- dimensions: 28 1/2' x 15 1/2'
- Nikolay Nikov, called Nicheto by everybody, was born in Sofia, Bulgaria in 1924
- his versatile style developed from his beginnings at a French art school in Paris to his repatriation in Sofia; Bulgaria in the early 60's amidst the harsh years of socialism. Nikov's rise to prominence culminates with the highest honor of having one of his flower paintings made into a national post stamp in the mid 70's. Belated tendencies of the French and German Abstract Expressionism movements of the turn of the century could be found in his early works and later interpretations of styles ranging from Modernism to Soviet Non-Conformism are skillfully woven into an own original style.
- FREE SHIPPING within continental US