Please contact us at [email protected] if you want to buy this item !
- 2020 IBPA Awards Winner!
- the Official Downton Abbey Cookbook presents over 100 recipes that showcase the cookery and customs of the Crawley household—from upstairs dinner party centerpieces to downstairs puddings and pies—and bring an authentic slice of Downton Abbey to modern kitchens and Downton fans
- whether adapted from original recipes of the period, replicated as seen or alluded to on screen, or typical of the time, all the recipes reflect the influences found on the Downton Abbey tables
- food historian Annie Gray gives a rich and fascinating insight into the background of the dishes that were popular between 1912 and 1926, when Downton Abbey is set —a period of tremendous change and conflict, as well as culinary development
- With a foreword by Gareth Neame, executive producer and co-creator of Downton Abbey, and featuring over 100 stunning color photographs, The Downton Abbey Cookbook also includes a special section on hosting Downton-themed dinner parties and presents stills from across the TV series as well as the latest film. Notes on the etiquette and customs of the times, quotes from the characters, and descriptions of the scenes in which the foods appear provide vivid context for the dishes
- the recipes are grouped by occasion, which include breakfast; luncheons and suppers; afternoon tea and garden parties; picnics, shoots and race meets; festivities; upstairs dinner; downstairs dinner; downstairs supper and tea; and the still room
- from the upstairs menu: Cornish Pasties, Sausage Rolls, Oysters au Gratin, Chicken Vol-au-Vents, Cucumber Soup, Soul a la Florentine, Salmon Mousse, Quail and Watercress, Charlotte Russe
- from the downstairs menu: Toad-in-the-Hole, Beef Stew with Dumplings, Steak and Kidney Pie, Cauliflower Cheese, Rice Pudding, Jam and Custard Tarts, Gingerbread Cake, Summer Pudding
- author: Annie Gray
- format: Hardcover
- pages: 272
- size: 8' x 10'
- publication Date: September 17, 2019
- ISBN: 978-1681883694
- language: English
- FREE SHIPPING WITHIN MAINLAND US!